The 2-day Spinning Babies workshop is coming to Essex on Sun 21st & Mon 22nd July 2019!
If you’re in the wonderful world of pregnancy & birth, you’ve likely already heard of Spinning Babies, but in case you’ve not… this is a workshop you won’t want to miss.
Who’s Spinning Babies For?
This workshop is open to Doctors, Midwives, Nurses, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Prenatal Yoga / Pilates Teachers and alternative providers who assist women in pregnancy and childbirth.
It’s recommended for people new to Spinning Babies, as well as those practiced in it for years. However, having a foundation of practice will greatly help in understanding these tools and how to apply them.
Spinning Babies 2-Day Workshop Content
Two full days with techniques practiced to help people with comfort in pregnancy and ease in childbirth.
- Learn and Relearn the anatomy and physiology that impacts fetal position and physiological wellbeing in pregnancy and birth (we explore the soft tissues of muscle, ligaments, and fascia).
- Practice the “3 Sisters of Balance:” Spinning Babies’ techniques to add balance to pregnancy and birth.
- Explore the effects of occiput posterior presentation on the length of pregnancy and labor.
- Reduce or prevent long, posterior labors during pregnancy – with demonstration on a live model.
- Define and understand the difference between comfort measures and rotation techniques.
- Learn a new approach to labor progress through the pelvic stations (levels).
- Thoroughly explore and practice many spinning techniques for:
- The Inlet (rather than the latent phase)
- The Midpelvis (rather than the active phase)
- The Outlet (rather than Stage 2)
- Identify fetal position without hands-on palpation (touch) and within the doula scope of practice with ‘Belly Mapping’
We’re going to be at FirstSite – a gallery with art, exhibitions, films and other events. There’s an in-house cafe and restaurant, with a grassy area outside for lunchtime picnics. It’s a central location, so close enough to the restaurants and also to M&S if you want to buy lunch to take out and eat at Castle Park.
Early bird pricing ends Sunday 21st April 2019 so don’t miss out! Regular tickets run until 1st June, and then you’ll be able to get late entry tickets until the workshop (if it doesn’t sell out).
If you’re interested in attending the Spinning Babies workshop hosted here in Colchester, Essex, the link for your booking is here. If you’ve got friends or colleagues you think may be interested, then please share with them!